Friday, February 27, 2015

Friday Favorites



One of my absolute favorite things to read on other blogs are Friday Favorites or 5 on Friday posts. Soo I got a little inspired and have decided to try my own.  And I think it might be fun to look back later and see what things I was enjoying at the time.  So I'm going to copy my friend Jordan and link up with ChristinaDarciApril, and Natasha




1. Number one is definitely House of Cards. Darren and I wanted to find a show on Netflix we could watch together since we can't usually watch tv at conventional tv times because Darren works nights. Neither of us had seen House of Cards and now we're super into it. We're only a few shows into the first season but I love it. I can't wait to watch more and try to get some of these characters figured out better.



2. First Aid Beauty Lip Therapy.  My lips have been super chapped because of the cold lately and this stuff has worked wonders. I really like the way it feels on your lips. It's kind of like vaseline but petroleum free so it's not quite as slick. It's a little more than I would normal spend on chapstick but I have a feeling it will last quite awhile (if I don't lose it) since I usually only wear it at night.




3. Cinnamon Rolls. I tried my hand at making the Pioneer Woman's homemade cinnamon rolls and they turned out pretty great if I do say so myself! They also make a TON. This is only half of them. So I've been eating a lot of cinnamon rolls lately and I'm not hating it. Darren asked me the other day around dinner time if I had eaten anything that day other than cinnamon rolls and coffee and I had to think really hard about it until I remembered I did have some almonds at one point. I'm not proud of my diet but I'm happy :) And I like to believe that if you make something completely from scratch that it can't be bad for you. All the calories you burn making it makes everything OK. No one rain on my parade and just let me keep believing that, OK?



4. My new candle. I'm a bit of a self-proclaimed candle addict. I don't know why. I just like them. I like cozy things and I just think candles make everything seem cozier. Plus with two dogs jumping all over the place a nice little scent never hurt anything. This candle from Bath and Body Works smells great... it's kind of sweet but also just kind of clean smelling. It's perfect for in between seasons when nothing else really works.




5. College basketball. I don't think there's any better sport to watch than college basketball. College football is right up there but honestly I think I enjoy basketball more. In undergrad I used to go to games all the time because I could just walk there super easy (and they're free) oh and Bruce Pearl was our coach and games were actually pretty exciting. Last night Darren and I went to the game with our friends Brad and Emily. We hit up some Mexican food and then went to the game. The only thing better than margaritas before the game would have been margaritas during the game... One can dream, right? Anyway, we had a great time even though the Vols ended up losing and the atmosphere was a little lacking due to a snow storm the night before.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had a blast at the basketball game :)
    Happy weekend!!
    Chelsea @ thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete