Sunday, May 3, 2015

Life Lately

Life lately has been GREAT. Here are some recent iPhone pics.

We have a favorite new Saturday morning routine consisting of going for a walk with the dogs at Lakeshore followed by coffee at our favorite coffee shop. Darren is such a softy with them!


I planted some new annuals not long ago and added some rocks to the front of our bed. We were having a huge problem with all the mulch running onto the driveway every time it rained. Hopefully this will help and doesn't look too bad either!


 New bedding for the guest room. Now I need to figure out what else to do to make this not such a beige box...


Just a typical night for me getting into bed... can you find Darren? Sidenote: we don't actually let Annie sleep with us, but she does take advantage of the bed quite a bit when we're not in it.


My sweet friend Candace brought me these flowers and asked me to be her bridesmaid. I'm so excited! It's going to be so much fun and I couldn't be happier for her and Garrett. I don't think I've ever received white roses before and I think I've become a huge fan. So fresh and gorgeous!


We took on a massive project last week with redoing our wood floors! Peter and Darren worked so hard. We still had to have our floor guy help us out in the end though. It was going way too slow.


Leveling where our old wood used to be. We wanted to just extend that wood into the living room (which used to be carpet) but that wood was discontinued so we had to go with something completely new. Which was a huge pain but I was excited for handscraped!


Slow slow progress....


I'm happy that everything turned out amazing and we couldn't be happier. The new wood throughout just really brings the whole house together. We still have a few odds and ends to put back but it's really coming together. 


These pups gave us a bit of trouble during the flooring process so I loaded them up and took them to my parents' house. I was so frustrated with them and then turned around to see them asleep and snuggling in the back seat. God knew what he was doing when he made dogs so cute! They're impossible to stay mad at.


A new Whole Foods just opened up right down the road from us and I'm already obsessed with it, especially their hot bar thing. I love all the salads and grilled veggies. I feel like I've accomplished so much if I can walk out of the store without spending $1000 dollars!


Last Thursday I had my very last day of school EVER. I've been out of class for a year and a half now but now I'm officially done with it all! Next time I set foot in the hospital I'll be getting paid and have a whole lot of new responsibilities! Darren and I celebrated with the best way I could think of... Mexican food with a jumbo margarita! It's such a relief to be done although I don't think it's really set in yet. 2 weeks until graduation in Memphis!


This may seem like a boring picture but we're so excited to have some nice grass in our backyard! It was overgrown brush when we moved in and Darren has worked so hard planting grass. It's so nice to look at now and the dogs have a lot more room to play. 


Speaking of play... This girl is OBSESSED with her frisbee. I can't even describe it. She's getting really good at catching them though which is fun.


This weekend my parents came over from Nashville and Philip came up from Chattanooga to celebrate my dad and Philip's birthdays. We had lunch at Stock and Barrel in market square and had so much fun!


Philip also brought me some beautiful flowers from the farmer's market for graduation! I love them! Nothing better than fresh flowers.



That's all for now!






No comments:

Post a Comment