Saturday, June 27, 2015

Baked Strawberry Oatmeal

I would definitely say I'm not a creature of habit for most things. But one thing I'm pretty consistent with is breakfast. I'll pick one thing and eat it every morning for months until I never want to eat it again. Pretty much all of pharmacy school it was eggy oats. Plain original oatmeal with 2 egg whites. Not exciting by any means but it kept me full longer than anything else. And I'm alllllwaays hungry so that's the most important thing. The one problem with it though is that it takes awhile to make and then you're stuck cleaning a pan of oatmeal every single day. I realized I needed to come up with something that didn't take quite so long to make in mornings since I usually leave pretty early. So obviously I googled for awhile and found a few recipes for baked oatmeal that I could make ahead of time and heat up every morning. I kind of combined a bunch of them and this is what I came up with:

INGREDIENTS

4 cups oatmeal (not quick oatmeal)
1 carton strawberries
2 eggs
3 cups milk or water
1/4 Cup chopped walnuts


DIRECTIONS
    • cut strawberries into bite size pieces and discard tops
    • mix strawberries and walnuts together with oatmeal in baking dish
    • whisk together eggs and liquid (I usually use 2 cups almond milk and 1 cup water)
    • pour egg/liquid over oatmeal until equally covered
    • Bake at 350 for 30 minutes

I cut it into 8 pieces and Darren and I both eat it most mornings for breakfast. Just add it in a bowl with a little almond milk and heat in the microwave for a minute. Sooo tasty! And makes my morning so much easier.



No comments:

Post a Comment