Wednesday, September 18, 2013

A Small Dose of Darren

When Rachel asked me to make a guest appearance on her blog, I was very excited.  All kinds of potential posts flashed through my mind, instead I have come to the end of my current visit to Knoxville, and I am going to write about some of what has happened in our lives over the last few weeks.

As you all know Rachel moved into a new apartment, and she has done a great job making the place feel very 'homey'.  But it was time for me to do my part since I wasn't here for the move. I had barely been here two minutes when I found myself with a paint brush in hand decorating the bedroom wall.  My next task was to paint the wall in the living room, we decided to do horizontal stripes, a decision I instantly regretted the moment I started.  Anyone who knows Rachel would know that the stripes would have to perfect, anything less would not be acceptable.  I was under pressure.      

After a few days of precision measuring it was complete and I was happy with the result.




Rachel and I are both in a fantasy football league, and by chance we had to play each other on Week 1.  The stage was set for a tense match-up in what was the first game of my rookie season.   
The points happened to go my way and I was the victor, suddenly Rachel declared, "Darren, I don't care about Fantasy".  Poor Rachel, I think the defeat took the wind out of her sails ;)

We spent last weekend in Nashville.  I love going to Paul and Laurie's house because we get spoiled and I get to request all my favourite foods.  Normally we play tennis and watch football, not this time though - we had wedding business to take care of!  I have a great deal. I get to come to town to do cake tasting (which was awesome), go to the store to register for gifts, and visit the wedding / reception venues.  My beautiful fiancee takes care of everything else! 

Those of you that have met Gracie, or even just know about her reputation of not taking kindly to anyone other than Rachel might have been concerned for my safety over the last few weeks.  I can gladly report that after a few initial tantrums, she has taken to me relatively well.  I think it would be a bit crazy to say she likes me. Rachel is definitely still her favourite, I've never seen a cat give cuddles the way she cuddles Rach, but it seems like she now tolerates me as I don't get hissed at or pounced on.

I found out yesterday where and when I have to go for the next stage of qualifying for the Web.com professional golf tour. I cannot wait to play.

I'll be back in town after the event at the end of October.  Keep your eyes open at this time for a second guest appearance.  If I am allowed....   

1 comment: