Saturday, September 21, 2013

Rotation Talk


Just in case anyone hasn't already heard.... We're going to Thailand!!!







And by we I mean myself and my friends Chelsey and Elly.  In January 2015 we will be doing a rotation for school in Chiang Mai and Khon Kaen!  The selection process for who gets to do an international rotation and where is a little complicated but there are a lot of factors that go into determing everything. I was sooo relieved and excited to find out I would be going to my #1 choice with two of my favorite people. It couldn't have worked out more perfectly!  

At this point in P3 year rotations are about the only thing everyone is thinking about. We're constantly finding out what we're doing different months as well as continuing to pick our remaining rotations. Everyone gets December 2014 off from rotations and I will also be taking February 2015 off to coincide with going to Thailand and residency interviews. I'm pumped that it will give us plenty of time to travel around the country before and after the actual rotation part. I'm picturing Christmas 2014 on a beach in Thailand :) Chelsey and I are really hoping it works out to have Darren and Josh come travel with us beforehand. We realized yesterday they will both be our husbands by then which is so strange! 

In addition to those months I also found out I will be off from rotations in April 2014 and July 2014. I told Darren this and he said so are you just going to hang out in April (and he was being totally serious) --- no we're getting married in April, silly! My family is also planning a Euro trip in July 2014 to have a wedding picnic (inside joke) and celebration in England to meet some of Darren's family that can't come to the wedding. We'll also be going to France and Spain to see the sights!  March 2014 will be a month of elective classes for me which is good because it should hopefully be a little easier than a rotation and leave me some time to work on last minute wedding details. Yesterday I found out I got my first choice of "real" rotations for an Ambulatory Care rotation at the VA in Murfreesboro, TN. I am very interested in am.care and have heard the VA is a great place to experience it. The VA in Knoxville isn't very large and I haven't heard great things about its rotation so it was really important to me to priority pick this one. Hopefully my parents don't mind having me (and maybe Darren) move back in for a month! 

Now all that's left to pick are 2 required rotations and remaining electives. I can't wait to have everything figured out! I'm quickly realizing the next year and a half is going to be one of the busiest times in my life but it all sounds so exciting!

I wouldn't be a VFL today if I didn't say.... GO VOLS!! BEAT THE GATORS!! I'm really hoping we can get a W in the swamp this afternoon and break the streak!

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! I had heard on various social media that you were going to Thailand, so I figured the blog would be the right spot to get the details. That's so awesome. I hope Hubby Darren gets to go too!

    ReplyDelete