Thursday, September 5, 2013


I'm just living the life y'all....



Darren took this picture of me studying in the wee hours of the morning. I had my test this afternoon and had been studying for about 4 days straight. At least I had my little side kick to keep me company. While none of the subjects we study are particularly uplifting (clearly we talk about sick people), therapeutics this semester focuses on chemotherapy. I'd be lying if I said it wasn't a little depressing to study cancer constantly. Did you know women have a 1 in 3 lifetime risk of developing cancer? And men have a 1 in 2 lifetime risk. That's just crazy to wrap my head around! But that's why we all study in the wee hours of the morning... hopefully to make a difference in someone's treatment (oh, and to pass our test). 

While I'd like to say I studied the entire weekend... Saturday was devoted to one thing only: the VOLS!










And now that my exam is over it's time to catch up on some U.S. Open Tennis.  It killed me to not be able to watch it non stop last week. Oh and in case you felt too sorry for me after seeing what I looked like studying this morning.. don't worry, this is what Darren and I did tonight to post exam de-stress:




No comments:

Post a Comment