Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Apartment: Before


Soooo I read a lot of blogs. I don't know why, I just enjoy it. Every morning I take some time to read "my blogs".  It doesn't matter what time I have to be somewhere, I'll always get up early enough to have time to drink coffee and read blogs. It's just time for me to enjoy peace and quiet before the day starts. One of my favorite things about reading people's blogs is when they do before and afters from parts of their houses.  


source

source

How cute is that striped gallery wall?! I thought the wall was awesome before but the stripes take it to another level.


So, I figured I'd give a little tour around my apartment in hopes that these can be the "before" pictures. I'm totally loving my apartment and it's come a long way already but there are still quite a few things I'd like to do before I'd consider it completely put together. 

Dining room: I really need to find a more permanent table centerpiece but have been totally indecisive every time I go to the store. In the mean time these fresh flowers will do the trick. I also want to get a rug to go under the table, a mirror for the wall, and some sort of cabinet/hutch for the wall also. That bookcase kind of ended up in the corner on accident but fit pretty well so it can stay there for now at least. See, lots to do!







Living room: This might be the most complete room. The only immediate thing left to do is get something on the wall behind the tv. I have a picture already and have ordered a frame but it hasn't arrived yet. I also want to get another lamp for the other couch. My dad and I made that pallet coffee table last year. We made it in August in the sweltering heat and it's way harder than pinterest or any other website makes it look. It was totally worth it though and I love having something so unique. 






Sooo that striped bed in my sunroom will not be a bed for long. I've ordered an awesome cover for it on etsy to basically turn it into a couch. I plan on putting tons of oversized pillows on it and making it a reading nook. I foresee lots of study naps on it :) I'll be sure to post a picture of the cover when I get it. It's a custom order so it's going to take a few weeks and it's killing me! Possibly my favorite part of my apartment is my study area. I got this great antique desk from my parents' basement. Oh the things you can find in the Calkins basement! It also took my about 2 days to put together that bookcase by myself so I'm pretty proud of that!




Bedroom: Ok, so this is probably the room I've spent the least amount of time on. There's literally nothing on the walls and I just can't quite decide what to do. But I don't want to rush anything so I'm just taking my time with it. I definitely want to get a long floor mirror to go where the suitcases are right now.  Curtains would also be really nice but I've been having some technical difficulties with hanging them myself so I'm just waiting until my parents can come visit so my dad can help me. I might be on my own now but I'll always need my dad's help. On the plus side, this room is huge and I've just enjoyed having tons of open space. 





Kitchen:  I love my kitchen! Not too much to share here but I'm kind of obsessed with the prints. Considering how much I raved about the farmers market it shouldn't be surprising I have a farmers market print. They make a new print every year with a different picture and this one is from 2011. My friend Chelsey has an eggplant one that is awesome too. At Tupelo Honey Cafe in Market square they have all the prints on one wall and it's super cool but I don't have that much space. I got the gold foil "Hey y'all" print on etsy and just think it's a fun little one to see when you walk in the door. 






Alright, now you've seen my homey little apartment. Don't judge too hard! 

I received a lot of exciting news today and I'm not quite ready to share it yet but hopefully I will be able to soon! Hope everyone is having a fabulous week :)



3 comments:

  1. I do the same thing! It is so peaceful to read and drink coffee in silence!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just moved too, and desperately need motivations to fully unpack/decorate. So this helps! Looks great already, and I love your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your apartment is so adorable! And I totally understand your blog addiction! I spend a lot of time reading a bunch of them.
    This is mine I started last month:
    loveorurban.com

    ReplyDelete