Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Back to School


Sooo you might have noticed I haven't posted in awhile.. sorry! The reason for that would be that school has started again! Monday was officially my first day of 19th grade! As much as I have always loved school, I'm definitely getting ready to be out of the classroom. This will be my last semester of classes before rotations start in January. As usual, back to school has been pretty fun actually. Lots of get-togethers and hang outs before the stressfullness (I'm not sure that's actually a word) begins. Don't we look sooo happy! 


 Monday night we had our annual fraternity back to school event at Tin Roof which just so happened to be holding Bingo Night... which just so happened to actually be a lot of fun. Only in Knoxville will you find "Power T Bingo"


I'm back tracking a little here, but this past weekend I also had the privilege to see one of my best friends get married! It was such a sweet wedding and the best part was how you could just tell how genuinely happy Brad and Emily were. Melts my heart!  It was also so much fun getting to catch up with old friends! I've known most of these people since elementary school so we had a a good time catching up and getting to know everyone's significant others. 

For real, how good do these 2 look?! Gorgeous!

Photo Cred: Teri Barton

This grooms cake is awesome! It even has yard lines on the side!

Darren and Theo time! Apparently  my (almost) nephew looooves to eat all the time. No worries though, Uncle Darren is always happy for burp duty (they have another name for it in England but I can't remember what it is.... something weird, obviously)


Purr baby has been especially affectionate recently. I'm not home very often at the apartment so when I am she usually just comes and sits on top of me... however inconvenient that is for me. But she's soo cute it's hard to get mad! Little does she know that my parents are coming this weekend and will not only be taking her favorite napping bed but also bringing the dreaded black and white doggy with them. Gracie will probably spend most of her time under my bed all weekend. 


If anyone is in need a good, quick recipe look no further than these chewy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies from Iowa Girl Eats. They really could not be more simple and they taste pretty darn good! I took some to work Sunday and gave some to my neighbor for feeding Gracie while I was gone. Side note: Iowa Girl Eats is also an awesome blog to follow if you're not already. It's mainly a food blog but the writer, Kristin, is hilarious and I just love the way she writes. 


Also in the triathalon training world... I got some new running shoes yesterday! It was about time. I could just tell my old shoes had no bounce or spring in them whatsoever and it was beginning to make my feet ache. I went to a running store in town to get properly fitted because it's been a long time since I've had that done. These crazy shoes are what fit me the best! I wasn't thrilled about the design/ color on them but what are you going to do when it's what fits you best. At least wild and crazy colors are kind of a trend right now so I won't be totally out of place. I also found out at the store that the triathalon I am doing is retro style... meaning it will go in opposite order with the run being first. I am actually fairly relieved about this because I know running is going to be my weakest link and I will be very happy to get it over with while I'm fresh and won't have to dread it the entire time. 

Mizuno Wave Elixir 8


Alright people, sorry for the kind of all-over, random post today. I need to work on getting on a more regular blogging schedule now that school has started. In the mean time, random pictures from my iphone may just have to do. Hope everyone is having a great week! 

1 comment:

  1. Theo does indeed love to eat a lot, he's been feeding every hour and a half today. Mike and I are just about to attempt putting him to bed but he needs feeding first.
    Uncle Darren was winding theo in the picture, we say that they have wind as it's trapped wind and it needs getting out.
    Hope you're ok and it sounds like it's good being back at school. I'm in school for the morning tomorrow as it's results day for our leavers.. Fingers crossed that they are happy with their results.
    Theo is enjoying your blog mainly at about 3am when he wants feeding!
    Ooooo, also we got our box of goodies today... Thank you!!! The clothes are so so cute, we love the dungarees!!!!

    ReplyDelete