Wednesday, August 14, 2013

I'm TRI-ing!


Sooo my triathalon training isn't going that great. It's not terrible, but I'm feeling a little unmotivated about it. Last week I only had time to really workout one time. I hate when people make excuses about not having time to workout because I think you can always make time. But I really did have days I worked from 6:30am to 9pm and it just wasn't fitting into that day. I was also gone on Friday and the weekend so that didn't help either. Totally slacking last week has given me a little motivation for this week. Other than Monday (when I worked 6:30am-9pm again) I have worked out every day so far and plan on continuing that trend.

Another aspect of triathalon training that is slightly difficult is the fact that you're training for 3 different sports all at once. I try to just alternate and do something different every day. A few times I have gone straight from biking to the treadmill in preparation for the race more but that's not super practical with swimming. 

The main reason I'm having a hard time staying motivated about this race is that all the individual distances are pretty short. Realistically I can do each one today without any problem. It's just a sprint triathalon. Not that I think it's going to be easy or anything but it's just hard to stay motivated when I think about the short parts individually. The main thing I'm worried about is putting it all together and the fact that I've never done a race like this before (I mean seriously, what am I supposed to wear?!) I have been trying to keep doing some leg strength training in anticipation for the fact that they're probably going to feel like jello near the end. The race is on campus at UT (the REAL UT... Tennesssee) and it is nowhere near flat. There's not an area called the hill for nothing... and really the whole campus is just a bunch of hills. No doubt I'll be feeling it towards the end.

Well I'm actually getting a little more excited just talking about it! But does anyone else have any motivation ideas?? 


No comments:

Post a Comment