Thursday, August 8, 2013

Weekend on I-40



I'm heading to Memphis this weekend!! Yay! Memphis is, without a doubt, one of my favorite cities in the world. I only lived there for a relatively short amount of time but it's one of those places that will always feel like home. I'm going to school to work on a research project Friday morning then coming home and packing and headed to my parents house for Friday night. Saturday morning we are packing up a trailer and moving my brother, Peter, to Memphis for him to start pharmacy school (yeah, he basically wants to be just like me). P1 year was an absolute blast so I'm really excited for him to get to experience it all. For anyone who doesn't know, pharmacy school for UT is based out of the health science center in Memphis. Everyone has to go to school in Memphis their first year because it has all the labs and everything but then for the last 3 years a portion of the class goes to Knoxville.  I can't wait to catch up with some friends in Memphis and enjoy some of my favorite food. Memphis has a bit of a bad reputation and while it has its downsides there's always something fun to do there and never a shortage of incredible food to eat. It really is just an awesome city. We will head out again Sunday morning and then I'm sure I'll hang out at my parents' house for awhile but then  I will head back to Knoxville Sunday night. I need to get back to take care of Gracie and I'm working at 6:30am Monday morning so it will be a bit of a short weekend away for me. Lots of time spent on I-40 but it's all worth it. 

And for those of you who were anxiously awaiting the news... I'm an AUNT! (basically). Darren's sister and her husband had a baby boy on August 6th.  Theo Edward is absolutely the most precious baby ever. I know Catherine and Mike will be incredible parents and I'm just so excited to see them all again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment